Wednesday, August 19, 2009

When have we given HIM the PRAISE!!!


God wants praise in the good times...

God wants praise in the hard times of life!

God wants us to praise Him...period!

I realized this today when something I REALLY, REALLY wanted happened.
Not just in a little way...but a BIG way.

I prayed.
I prayed HARD!
I prayed and ignored the computer, the tv, facebook, blogging...everything. 
Last into the wee hours of the morning...I prayed!
I fell asleep a couple of times...but when I came to...I went right back to praying!

And then God delivered.
Not slowly and patiently having me wait, but with a quickness which allowed my head to spin.

Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

Did I think on these things? Did I reveal in God's glory?

NOT REALLY...

I started to gloat (secretly) and focus on my contribution.

Ummm Hello?

God brought this verse to mind...

When things go well, and I answer prayer...remember the good things...focus on the good report.

So here I am...blogging a praise for the LORD...

Thank you Jesus...for the the blessings in my life.
The ones that come quickly and even the ones I put my hope in you...
that are coming down the road.

Hallelujah!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! I had a moment like this today. God answered my prayer for a particular situation and I can't thank Him enough. Hallelujah! Thank you so much for posting.

Daphine said...

Praise God...for He is worthy to be PRAISED!!! Thanks for sharing this! It has definitely encouraged me tonight!

More Than Words said...

Rejoicing with you, my friend!!!

You're on FB too?????? Look me up!!

Patrice-The Soap Seduction said...

Amen! Thank you for posting this. I really, really needed it!

Unknown said...

I thank God for your encouraging post. I am so thankful to our God for the GRACE and MERCY that he pours out daily in our lives. We are so undeserving but he chooses to bless us and keep us! :)

Beth in NC said...

Praise God Lorrie!

~Lisi P. said...

Amen!! God is an on time God--His time! He deserves all the praise :)