Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback...

Alicia is hosting Friday Photo Flashback...and of course I'm throwing my '80s photo in the mix.






Let's go back shall we...






Where is the AquaNet hair spray...






And the Jeri Curl juice...





Do you have your Swatch watch on....





and your Jag sweatshirt and Guess jeans...





Have you done the cabbage patch and running man lately...






Are you listening to BonJovi, Atlantic Starr, 
Depeche Mode or New Edition...
(sorry I didn't know they had Christian music, 
like Amy Grant outside church then)





Cause it's 1986!

So here we are, (left to right) my good friend Nancy, my high school best friend Kim, her (off again, on again boyfriend Mario) and me...sporting the Jeri curl...

We are boarding the plan in Honolulu coming home from our senior class trip.  We thought everyone was going to Mazatlan and thought we'd have the entire island to ourselves.  It turned out everywhere we went...we saw folks from our high school.  Go figure.

Currently Nancy still lives in the town we grew up in and teaches with no kids, Kimmie lives in Atlanta and is a real estate agent (yikes...the market), Mario is a pediatrician with several children (that's the biggest shock) in LA and yours truly is a wife and mom to 3 zany boybarians!

6 comments:

More Than Words said...

LOL when you wrote "that's the biggest shock."

How fun..senior class trip!! My sister lives in Hawaii (Honolulu) and we actually lived there too back in 2001!! I have some flashback photos I want to share from there!!

I'm glad you joined in this week, Lorrie!!! You brought back some good memories..especially the Aqua Net!! LOL!

really.truly said...

Oh yes...you remember it all so well. What you wrote brought such memories!!! The swatch watch! Those were the days.

Great photo!

Pam said...

Those are great memories. What a fun senior trip. Our school didn't have one. Rats.

Tara said...

Swatch watch, Atlantic Star, Bon Jovi....ahhhhh. Loved the trip back in time and lucky you going on a senior trip to Hawaii.

Muthering Heights said...

What a FUN class trip! Sheesh, I would love to go to Hawaii! :)

Erin said...

Oh, the music, oh, the clothes, oh, I had forgotten about the Jeri curl...Kevin C. in my high school did the Jeri curl thing...he was so beautiful...those were the days...

You are brave for copping to it...seriously brave.