Thursday, March 19, 2009

Well folks it's Thursday...

If you've read my blog for any length of time you know what today is?

It's Thursday!  and no I'm not tablescaping...I would love to but no time.

O.k. back to my original thought...

It's Thursday!

And it's Thursday on March nineteenth,  two thousand and nine!

And it's Thursday, March nineteenth, two thousand and nine
with a high of 67 degrees with sunshine and few clouds and winds at 5 - 10 mph.

Looks like a recipe for total abandoning of all household duties, homeschooling, chores and anything else that says responsibility.

I have folly on my mind and the Lord looks like he's providing the weather to do it.

Stop.  

Mental note to self.  

Even though it's Thursday.  I can't just play the day away.  My self imposed rule is it has to be atleast 75 to do that.  I'm roughly 10 degrees off. 

Now if I was planning on living in the flesh today...I'd come up with some excuse to goof off. 

"It's Thursday and I need to go grocery shopping...I'll just swing by the beach.  The boys will just play in the sand.  No one will get really dirty."

"It's almost Friday. And Friday is the unofficial start of the weekend...so since it's almost Friday I might as well act like it."

"It's almost spring and I think I forgot to celebrate the Ides of March."

The Ides of March really don't have anything to do with me and this particular Thursday.  After hearing our revivalist yesterday I've decided that there are things that I have to just STAY THE COURSE with.

He was preaching out of Philippians 3: 12 - 21 and vs. 18 and 19 say "For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Chirst. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame.  Their mind is on earthly things.

I hate doing this...but let's pair up Philippians with Deuteronomy.

They shall say to the elders. This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious.  He will not obey us. He is a profligate and drunkard.  Deuteronomy 21:20.

Why would I post this verse on a Thursday and what in the world is a profligate?

A profligate is a person inclined to waste resources or behave extravagantly.  They are overthrown, beaten, conquered, especially by a vice.

Will my latest vice (added to the list God and I are working on) become Thursdays?  A day of the week?  That's just wrong!

Will the day of a week be the thing that keeps me out of God's will?  Will I waste my finite amount of time today with useless leisure?  Will I waste the resources I have for folly?

I'm praying I don't.  Let's pray I'm not a profligate... and you don't be one either.

More on being a profligate and gluttony later (I'm posting weight loss/gain Saturdays)...I can only work on stumbling block at a time.




2 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks, Lorrie, that was really on the money. I love reading your blog. And maybe we should have a weight accountability group at church or something?

A Bishops Wife said...

Hi, I just found your blog.
I am looking forward to reading more.