Friday, October 17, 2008

Today's challenge

Usually on Fridays I challenge my boys to only speak nice of each other. (It usually works for about 15 minutes.)

We all know the verse in Corinthians where Paul says we are to build others up with what we say so I'm not going preach about this - See Ephesians 4:32. Go through the day without slander, gossip or malicious talk on your tongue. Can you do it? I dare ya? Blessings
(Oh I had a malicious thought as soon as I wrote this - o.k. so you work on malicious, slanderous and gossip filled thoughts too.) Let's see how we do.

Ephesians 4: 29 - 32 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

No comments: