Monday, October 20, 2008

Life is not fair!

My boys were fighting over a piece of candy yesterday. Both of them holding a dirty piece of candy and just fighting like there was no tomorrow. "It's mine." "No it's mine!" "Give it to me"...."No give it to ME!" On and on they went until I got fed up and just passed it to the one who was closest to me.

"That's not fair Mom! He got the candy and I didn't." I had to inform Ney..."Life's not fair."

We know this to be true but we don't believe it. Some folks have money, some folks don't have enough. Some of us are in love with our husbands, some of us won't even be in the same room as our husbands. Some don't have a boyfriend...let alone a husband. Really bad things happen to good people and vice versa. I think we have to realize that life isn't suppose to be fair...it's just suppose to be. As I have been reflecting on being content I realize that it's o.k. if life isn't "fair". God hasn't designed my life to be any more worse or better than anyone else's if I look at it through God colored lenses. The things I might find hard to live with, the things I want to scream well..."It's not fair." aren't designed to make me a crybaby. They're designed to make me stronger.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2-3.

No comments: