Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Impressions

The house I live in now is the second house of my childhood. Yesterday I found in the corner of the driveway an impression of my name I made when they were paving the driveway over so many years ago. I remember carefully planning my attack, waiting for the workman to put the cement down, and when they left to get something out of their trucks...I ran and wrote my name in the glistening wet cement. It's funny that it's still there...not as apparent, but still there after all these year. You know the bible says we are to impress the laws of God on our children, just like I put my name in that wet cement.
Deut 6: 7-9
Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deut 6:7-9. What are we impressing on our children? What type of heritage are we giving them? Are we doing the Sunday Christian thang and then letting them do whatever during the week...only to be shocked that they are continuing to do that once they leave our houses. If your children are still at home...you still have time to Impress the commandments and laws of God on them. If they aren't...well you can pray, and either impress your grandchildren with God's laws or find other folks' kids. It's never too late to impress the laws of the Lord on children around us.

No comments: