Thursday, October 09, 2008

Fear and the Dentist

O.k. today is Thursday and it's time to go to the dentist.  I'll be honest.  I'm scared of the dentist, the drills, everything.  No matter what you tell me, I have this unhealthy fear of the dentist.  I've even gotten so bad that now I go to a sleep dentist, where they have actually put me under to clean and plan my teeth.  When I wake up, he says, no cavities and I'm free to go.  I haven't had a cavity in over 10 years.  I'm so scared of having a cavity that I ALWAYS brush my teeth at least 2 or sometimes 3 times a day.  I don't like water but will drink it to get sugar off my teeth so I don't end up with a cavity.  

We should be scared of sin like I'm scared of the dentist.  We should always be trying to avoid it, keep it at bay, and not even play around with temptation.  If we did that, when we got to the end of the day we'd be asking for forgiveness for fewer things and ultimately God will say "Well done good and faithful servant. "  Our lives would be cavity free and we wouldn't have to face the consequences that go with sin.  Let's work on treating sin like I treat the dentist...try to avoid it at all cost.

No comments: