Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baby Showers, my baby in a shower and Jesus, who showered us with blessings.

O.k...I love being around my kids but I love being around folks so I was looking forward to attending a baby shower today.  Mind you - I've only said hi and bye to the mom to be, it was at the worse time for our family, and my oldest was complaining of not feeling well.  With all that said...I was determined to go to this shower and listen to ADULT conversation.  I didn't mind that I'd have to be a hour late, I'd be hot and sweaty, and would miss the games...I'm going and that's it.  Plus I was determined to take a boy break!    That's right...no boys, no kid talk and foo foo woman stuff as far as the eye can see. 

Well I got there late, but I sat down with a cup of peach tea determined to relax as I watched the presents being open.  The expentant mom was so gracious and appreciative as she gingerly opened each present with the careful precision of a skilled surgeon.  Her dark almost black thick hair was brushed from her eyes as she read each card.  We all "ouued" and "Ahhed" while she showed us little blue and khaki clothes.

Bump! Bump! Stomp! Stomp!

Then it happened.  I heard the thundering sound of feet coming up the stairs.  I looked and in the doorway was my youngest.  He saw me and made a bee line.  I figured - o.k. you can stay...but don't talk!  No talking!  You're not an adult and whatever you say will be loud and not appropriate.  Well I was proved wrong...He pulled my armed and with his gappy broken smile quietly said..."Mommy, why are we giving the baby a shower here?  Doesn't he have a bath at his home?"

That was so cute...I had to kiss him on the spot.

That reminded me of my sweet Bry when he was born.  I was working then so I had a shower at work, at church and my mom's old mission circle gave me a shower too.  I'm sure the beautiful mother that we showered today will have many as well.

Mary, Jesus' earthly mother didn't have a lot of time to prepare for her son being born.  She wasn't even married when she found out.  The fact that Jesus "took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" is amazing.  The fact that the savior of the world was inside a mother's womb like the pregnant woman I saw today is hard to understand.  Good thing I don't need to understand...I just need to believe.

No comments: