Monday, May 24, 2010

wow...now you have to ask...

Is your child graduating?

Just because they're in the 12th grade,
attended prom,
have been to homecoming and are ready to leave the house...

in today's society...
you have to ask...

Are they graduating?


Invitations use to flood my house during April and May...
but no longer...
now they come in May...
with a sigh of relief...

Or they come hand delivered in June...
with some sweat on the brow...

or they don't come at all...
and the person in question quietly slips into junior college...


I wonder why?

I think I got some insight talking to a guardian about a child in question.
I was told this 18 year old doesn't like her parents, grandparents or anyone
looking at their iparent account.

HA!

That's like not checking a kid's room!
Are you kidding me?
And the sad thing is...they aren't looking because it make this kid
feeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll like they're watching.

Well my 9th grader knows.....
I'm WATCHING!
And if an assignment isn't turned in for that week...
get ready for an electronic free...soda free...fun free
week-end!

Not because I'm nosey...but I'm helping him keep on top of things.
That way...come 2013...
no one will have to wonder...
"Is he graduating?".

I do have to give it to one girl from church...who I've know since forever...
we just ASSUMED she wasn't going to make it...
but this, her senior year...
she pulled it together...
started getting great grades, runs track, played in a dance troupe at school...
and all that
WITHOUT her grandmother using an iparent.
All she needed was to see her older brother and sister going nowhere fast...
and that was iparent enough!

Consider the ant, you hater of work, give thoughts to her ways and be wise!
Proverbs 6:6

No comments: