Sunday, December 27, 2009

While I wait for laundry...my pastor...itunes...randoness...

Listening to my pastor on itunes preaching...

How to survive the storms of life!

Have you gone through storms this year?

I have...and many around me have too.
Family and Friends have passed away, moved or fallen into deep sin.
Money has gotten tighter as my husband's main job has tighten their belt.
My children keep growing and my oh my...are eating me out of house and home.
I struggle with my weight, sin, pride...etc...(um...let's not focus on that!)


One good point I keep hearing is...
Glass can't be useful...
it can't be transparent...
unless it goes through several fires.
Not one fire!
but several!

Encouragement and helping others
is why God put us in the places we are in...
when we face storms

sacrifice...

look to the
simple things of life...

search for the islands that He gives us...

Now I'm just typing what he says...

Have we thought of being a ministry to others and helping the people around us?

The problem is...
we..né
I
get in the way!

I have a bad habit of writing people off...due to small insignificant things done...
one word said wrong...check!
one bad comment...check!
and then...
of course I forget...
and come back...tail turned!

Well we can't throw the baby out with the bath water...right?

Well...I now purpose not to be miffed in the first place.
That would be a great resolution... not just for new years...but year 'round.

Anyhoo...this post is suppose to be about my church....and
the wonderful people who are in my church family!
But that will have to wait...
Many Christian men and women who are
struggling to come closer to the Lord...
and going forward with our faith...
together for God's goal!

Thanks Lord... for the blessings of my church family...and I'm off to get ready...
so I can make it there today!






2 comments:

really.truly said...

Great post Lorrie.

I hope you and your family had a merry Christmas!

Lorrie said...

we had a great Christmas...my hubby and I gave each other "pictures" of what we'd buy if we'd had no cash limit...and we used our "energies" getting our boys stuff. But better than that we forced ourselves to pause and focus on the birth of Christ.