Thursday, October 01, 2009

Be grateful God wants us to be unique...

"Success,
recognition,
and conformity
are the bywords of the modern world
where everyone seems to crave
the anesthetizing
security of being identified
with the majority."
-Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, 1963

Our God doesn't want us to conform...
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.

God calls us to be unique in his will...don't let this world put you in their mold....
just be who you are...for God!

Peace!



7 comments:

Erin said...

Powerful, indeed. Now, I beg you to apply it to yourself as you struggle to lose weight. YOu are so wonderful and, yet, you are so hard on yourself as you try to mold your body into something different. Beautiful on the inside just shines through.

LisaShaw said...

Amen and Amen!

Blessings!

Lorrie said...

Thanks for the reminder Erin.

Lorrie said...

....hey I wasn't finished...
ok Thanks for the reminder Erin, I'm not trying to me model thin...or even what our model obsessed California culture calls thin...I'm just looking to take off enough weight to feel healthier and to be able to play with my boys without huffing and puffing. Our culture thinks it's ok to be model thin...but I tell you...the prettiest women I know (on the inside and out) all wear a 10 or 12. I think they're are problems on both ends of the spectrum. Anyone who goes without eating and wears a 2 has a problem and anyone who overeats and wears a 22 has a problem as well.

really.truly said...

So true!!! I've been thinking about how different my boys always seem.....different when we are with other kids their age. It had been making me feel sad for them because...y'know...the world wants us to conform. We are all supposed to be alike. I'm embracing their uniqueness...and mine too!!

More Than Words said...

Amen!! So true!

We always tell our kids to be themselves, and that's what's "cool!"

Bethany said...

Well said, Lorrie and everybody! I just want to be the best ME I can be, not by the world's standards but by a) God's and b) my own.