Monday, April 06, 2009

Your words...apples of gold!

The bible is so true it ain't even funny.

This weekend was one big object lesson.  An object lesson in relationships, managing them and a birthday celebration on Saturday.

My little one was in Cubbie's Awana last night and the entire crew showed up. I, on the other hand, couldn't help out because I was emergency subbing across the hall.  I heard yelling and screaming from the other room.  I had to peak in.  I found 7 pre-schoolers on a sugar high! (Thanks to root beer float night!)  They were suppose to be lining up for flag salute and they were squirrling around.  Girls were holding hands instead of putting their hands of their hearts and boys were poking and falling on each other.  Bedlam was everywhere. 

A grandfather spoke up over the noise.
"Do you know what the flag means?"
No they all yelled? 
"Well let me tell you." He beamed.

They plopped down on the floor and sat near the flag on the floor.  Then with sage precision like only a granddad could...explained the "Star Spangled banner" and why we need to respect the flag.
His words were "spoken at the right time...like golden apples on a silver tray."  

A sweet little girl with a mop of dark hair and bright blue eyes interrupted...
"And we take it down at sunset and put it back in the morning."  
It was so cute.  My little one was starting to get antsy and started to wiggle and she leaned over towards him and said..."Bryson...please settle down...we can wiggle later."  
He just looked and obeyed!  He was sitting like a little brown statue. 
A word spoken at the right time are like golden apples on a silver tray!

My oldest was in the hospital last year.  We downplayed it...but it actually was serious and life threatening. The doctor prepped him and he was in surgery, all within a span of 12 hours.   There on the day of surgery...not many words were spoken.  It was on the 4th of July. One friend in particular, took her holiday and stayed in the surgery waiting room with my family.  She's the one I saw on Saturday. She didn't say much...but what she did were gracious words "spoken at the right time".  
They were "like golden apples on silver tray."  

The other friend I saw Saturday has a voice like silk when she sings.  When I was preparing for the art show...I was frustrated trying to find time to paint.  I never offered that day for her to take my kids to babysit, but she must of sensed it.  She told me "Have Bill bring ALL the kids over here."  That day I painted two paintings...one of which had many prints sell.
When anyone offers to babysit ALL of your kids those are 
words "spoken at the right time...like apples on a silver tray."

A word spoken at the right time is like golden apples on a silver tray.  Proverbs 25:11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Some times when I am reading God's word I wonder if others have read this same scripture...now I know.
I came across that verse awhile back and made it a point to learn it.
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11 (KJV) and I often
recite it in my mind.
Right away I understood what this scripture was saying to me and I ask God to keep me mindful of his word to apply it to my daily life
so Jesus can shine thru me...
Less me, More You Lord.
JSmooth

Love Abounds At Home said...

Wow such precious words.