Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Roses and deep roots.

I have an enormous forty year old rose bush in my backyard.  My mother bought it in the 60s and I have carried it from apartment balconies in big pots, to small duplex yards, to it's present location in my yard.  It has a gnarled branching trunk.  Every summer it produces large gorgeous red long stem roses.  It has a tremendous root system that seems to go down to the center of the earth.  The root system has sustained this bush through years of my neglect and through various moving. 

Faith in God is like my rose bushes root system.  It has a boundless stream that sustains and nurtures me.  I can weather anything when I sink my roots as deeply into God as I can.
Jeremiah says "He shall be a tree planted by the waters...And will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit."

No comments: