Monday, November 03, 2008

Submitting to authority.

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”
- Romans 13:1

I have a child who isn't good at submitting to authority. God has hard wired him to want to be in charge. Although that's a great trait...it gets him in trouble because he hasn't learned that God has established an order in every corporate entity.

I thought he was alone with this authority thang until I notice friends around me. They work "around" their husbands when they don't want to consult them. Church folks do things by themselves so they don't have to work within the structure that exist so they don't have to interact with others. Coworkers don't volunteer for team projects because they don't want so- and-so to boss them around. Problems with authority really exist everywhere.

What are you doing in your life that would be seen as not submitting to God's ordained authority? One of my best friends I've known since college will tell you she doesn't have to submit to anyone because she isn't married, has her own money, has no kids and answers to no one. I keep thinking there are parts of her life God can never use because they will never be refined. Don't be like my strong willed one and refuse the authorities God has placed in you life...Do your work, your home, your life without arguing or complaining.

No comments: