Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Right words...but the wrong timing

This morning I did the unthinkable. I tried to converse with my "nocturnal husband" at the crack of dawn. You see I'm a morning person and he isn't, and when I have something on my mind...I don't really care about the time.

"B..are you awake?"
"WHAT?" he groaned.
"Are you awake?" I asked a little louder.
"No!"
"Well wake up I want to talk. I'm worried about the economy." "I'm worried about our credit debt" (Due to a death in the family we now have major credit debt (Well major to us)"
"I'm not awake and you can't make me talk." he groaned again. "Wait - it's not even light outside. You know you ain't right."
"Well I might not be right but I'm worried about our debt, the economy, the election...."
"Can you worry at a better hour?" He said, and with that he rolled over and went back to sleep.

Proverbs 27:4 says - If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse.

I realize now that you have to say things not only with the right attitude...but at the right time.

We recently ate with some people where one person was intent on giving their opinion and although everyone has a right to have an opinion...it wasn't the right time to give it.  It was so annoying.  I kept thinking...Boy this person is clueless when it comes to conversation.  But  I just did the exact same thing this morning.  It might have been valid concerns...it was just at the wrong time.

Today - let's work on giving the right words at the right time.  Blessings.

No comments: