Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Traditions...

Traditions...
(for those who don' t know...the first day of the year our family eats...
black eyed peas, white rice, cornbread and greens)

Correction...Grandpa, myself and my middle son ate this...
the others...well...

Traditions?
Why do we do them?
I know the bible says it's good to keep some.

Ones that point us to God.
Traditions that put God in our children.
Traditions that put God in us.

What about the rest?

What traditions am I holding onto to that are...
useless...
wasters of my time...
will not bring myself and my family closer to God?

Jacob set up a pillar in the place where
He had spoken with him,
a pillar of stone, and he poured out a drink offering on it;
he also poured oil on it.
Genesis 35:14

Don't get me wrong...we need traditions...
but what should I keep...
and what should fall by the wasteside?

No comments: