Thursday, April 08, 2010

Avoidance...sometimes it's good! and Hawaii post...a 2fer

ok after the first night...us adults had our team meeting
eating at famous Dukes of Waikiki...I was so tired...but
I wasn't going to miss it....

Getting off the plane these are girls that stayed in my room.
I also had another adjoining room with other girls...
The one of the right was a believer...we had a great time.

the view from my room...trying to take a break...

my oldest and I. I've already started saving my pennies
'cause I really want my other two to experience warm
waters!

Paradise...
If I didn't go...I would have been
jealous of myself.

I made my first $100 payment yesterday so now the reality has set in...
I have to pay the other 180 by the end of the school year.
One of the other moms who was offered to go at the last minute ended paying
NOTHING...'cause she said she had a hardship.
Wow...I should have said something.
Originally my hubby was going to go. Then we decided we couldn't afford it...
so no one was going to go with my son...
then they offered us women HELP to go...
so that's how I went...

Next year they're going somewhere local...I hope it's LA!

Now on to my rant of the week!
It ceases to amaze me that the same people who make snide comments, place judgments on folks and attempt to force people into boxes...
usually have more than one front to fight on.
If the same person...keeps coming up in conflict,
if you've had encounters with the same person, say at work, church or home...
and then you're co-worker had a bad encounter...
and then another co-worker had ANOTHER bad encounter...
then even if you have to deal with that person...
make
your
time
with
dealing
with
them
minimal!
That way you don't get sucked into their drama.

At my husband's job there is this one teacher.
He has problems with students,
he told my friend (who had an Asperger's son)...
that if "she was a better parent...he'd comb his hair and turn in his homework."
Now this boy did look like an AC/DC reject...but he was turning in his homework...just in a different part of the room.

My husband and other teacher would shudder
when this man took the podium at teacher meetings.
They knew he'd change, say or do something...
crazy!

He wasn't a team player.
He was a lonely man.
And he played out his lonely life in the halls of the
science department...day in and day out.
Without the diversion of a family or wife...
HIS life was HIS WORK...
a junior high science teacher...and outside of work...
he had no friends.

This man was eventually avoided...
and after a while
they stopped talking to him
altogether.
He switched schools...
and now torments another school.

I've said all that to say this...
there are several folks in my life that fall under the
"mad science teacher" catagory...
and with prayer and humbleness...
I need to avoid them!

2 comments:

More Than Words said...

Love the Hawaii photos! Waikiki is a beautiful place! My kids want to live there again! Oh, I wish!!!!

Beth in NC said...

Oh girl. Hawaii!!!! I can't imagine! Looks wonderful!