Monday, March 15, 2010

Well what's going on....


(disclaimer...these kids all have moms...)

How my weekend looked...

Saturday morning...
quite hectic...
carpooled for the school band
neighbor hit my dad's boat on the street...
inherited Awana supplies from neighborhood church...

Yep.
Another Awana club.
gone...

Why we received all this new stuff, old stuff,
good stuff, bad stuff...

another church isn't encouraging kids to
memorize God's word.

My mind is still trying to comprehend that.

On an upnote....

in the middle of Awana's yesterday...
I had to ask the boy at my table...
3 things he wanted to thank God for...

"Jesus dying on the cross." OK...typical Sunday School answer...
I like it!

and then the bomb...

"I want to thank God for giving me a good mom now!"

A foster kid!
Sweet!
Typical boy!
Can't keep hands off stuff and loves food!
Skinny 'cause he runs off said food playing and running!

WOW!
I want to thank God for giving me a good mom?

Folks...most of us had good moms
Although we don't want to admit it...
most of us ARE good moms...

You shouldn't be 6 and having to think if where you're at is going to last.

Just a thought!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I really love that kid you are talking about and his brother too. Neat family! I love doing AWANA and I am so bummed that we will have to find a new one when we move.

Lorrie said...

Oh we love those kid too! We are going to miss your AWANA loving family as well! I guess (tear) we'll get over it! You're the only church member that reads my blog...my poor little blog will be so lonely! I will have to comment to keep it alive. ha ha!

Beth in NC said...

Awwww. What a sweet blessing!

And yeah, I guess we have to work with our own children about memorizing God's Word. I need to do it myself.

Love ya!
Beth