Friday, September 11, 2009

Back to college Photo flashback...




Well it's Friday and time for Friday Photo Flashback.
It's where we take our pre-digital pictures, dust them off, scan them
and take a look at yesteryear.
Alicia over at More than Words...started this fun meme...

Today we're going back to school...


college that is...well university of coastal seaside....


(That's not actually the name...but it did describe where I went.)


I was obsessed with the ocean then and the mascot was a horse rider...


so if you live in these parts you'd guess where I went...


This photo is of myself and my first roommate two weeks after we met...


who was born in another country...beautiful Belize...


her island ways...would clash with my southern California ways...


and we'd have little stand offs....they'd last all of 30 minutes...


We'd set about cleaning our dorm room to the tunes of David Bowie, U2, and New Edition.


We fell out of touch when we stopped living together...and by our junior year she had dropped out.


I still would love to know what she's up to? Maybe I'll fb her?




Blessings.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Oh how special!!!

So nice to meet you!


Hope you have a blessed day♥

More Than Words said...

Lorrie..that would be so neat to reconnect with her, wouldn't it? Have you tried FB yet?

I shared an apartment with a complete stranger when I was in my early 20's. I still can't believe I did that! She ended up being normal (besides her boy drama)!

really.truly said...

Great memories and a great picture. It's amazing how many stories one photo can have!!

If you get in touch with her....you must share :)

Muthering Heights said...

It would be so cool to find here...maybe she blogs, LOL!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

That's so cute! I went away to school for one semester and I think I cried every day but I do remember my roommate, Carrie. I wonder what she's up to, too. I wish I would've taken more pictures back then because I don't have any from that time or my dorm room or anything. Maybe that's why I take a picture of EVERYTHING with my kids. Great memories!! Thanks for sharing and have a good weekend ~ ♥

Darcie said...

Great idea to Fb her...you just might get lucky. Such a pretty picture of the two of you!

Erin said...

FB gave me my sister, so I'm all in favor of giving it a try! Love the picture...you both look so young and eager.

Unknown said...

I posted a college picture to. and my Senor year room mate. My hubby! LOL
I had Island roommates too. They beat to a different drummer that´s for sure.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww... Love that picture of you and your sweet friend!!
and yeah you should FB her!