Sunday, August 02, 2009

Sunday is here...what's your mindset?

Focus for this Sunday....
To remember....
This is the day the Lord has made...let us rejoice and be glad in it...

Regardless if my menfolks have come back from camp and I feel the urge to wash every camp item in sight...

Regardless if it's a day before VBS starts and I want to decorate...yet another item...

Regardless if school season has started and I'm thinking...saving money on school items what can I get on sale...

This is SUPPOSE to be the Lord's Day...
the day we set aside to "Sabbath" our week.

We don't do this on Saturday...we are not under the law...but we have set aside Sunday.

So I'm preaching to myself...

Rejoice in this day that the Lord has made.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Girl, I pray it has been a great day for you -- with some rest.

Love,
b

Lorrie said...

Well I tried...during part of the service...but I have to admit my mind wasn't all there.

Anonymous said...

Lorrie,

Driving to work this morning (Monday)and even asI was opening your blog I was singing "This is the day that the Lord has made".
It was in my morning devotion and
I was reminded in God's word though things are changing that we are to in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Jesus Christ concerning us.
Missed you at Truth Project last night. Have a blessed VBS this week.
JSmooth

Lorrie said...

Thanks for the reminder...I'm in the outback dear...where it "all comes back to Jesus." I've got VBS songs on the brain! :)