Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Package from Spain!

Well over on Dani Joy's blog a few days ago I posted a comment in a contest.
Well I forgot to tell folks to vote for me...but God willing I still won third place.

Well I told the boys I'm getting a package from Spain.

They were so excited.

My oldest said...
"That's where the strait of Gibralter lies...and they have a similar climate."

My middle said...
"Cool...can I have a taco when it comes?"

And my youngest said...
"When she comes over can I play with her?"

So I had to tell them...
"Thanks I didn't know that about Spain...
No...they don't eat tacos...
and sorry you can't play with her."

Well the package came and the post man...didn't know...

You don't give the packages to the children!...
(Hence the toothy grin on my 5 year old... above..)

So my youngest bounced in the house saying...
"Mommy the mailman said you have a hackage..."

The boys wanted to know...

was it the one from Spain...

well it was!

But I wanted to get my camera and photograph it.

So let's put it on the counter.
Nope...too close to curious hands...

so I put it behind the stove...my usual place...but I was cooking.

The boys thought this was hilarious and started to salivate over the package...

"Mom let's put it around the house"... here it is...in the family room 


Well o.k...but just a few places...


Great! Now I've got to go to the little girl's room!


So believe it or not...I took it outside...and put it here...

somewhere I knew they wouldn't get to it. I know silly...but it worked!


A few minutes later...

I sat down and opened it (my 5 year old did pretty good with the camera...and ignore the headscarf...that must be your monitor acting up) and it was

beautiful!!!!

an olive oil pitcher and it's from Spain!  

Thanks Dani Joy...I love it...

And the boys love the box...all the way from Spain!

When I finally paint my mantle (when my hubby is gone...I'll show you guys the pics.)

Peace!




9 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - i LOVE the sunflower picture! you have a wonderful sense of humor!

Mamí♥Picture said...

☼¨`*•.♥ADORABLE.•*¨`☼
YOU LUCKY GIRL!!!
AMAZING SUNFLOWER!!!!
iTotally LOVE the headscarf!!!!

Unknown said...

Lorrie, You are hilarious!! I love all the places you put the box!

I am the same way... hide it from the boys quick so I can open it myself!! hehe

Something small but you can be sure you won´t find that in the States. ;)

So glad it made it safe and sound!

Thanks for the smile and the great post! So glad you like it!

Enjoy!

Love in Christ our Lord,
Dani Joy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. Your boys are adorable and the things they said were absolutely hilarious. I love the pictures and your blog background is so very peaceful.

Thank you so much for visiting Simply 4 God. I pray you will return again soon.

God bless and have a wonderful day!

Darcie said...

That is so, so , so cool! What wonderful people you meet with blogging, and then to win a giveaway...even more cool. Congrats.

Unknown said...

I figured out how to take a snap shot of my computer screen and so I linked to your blog. ;)

LisaShaw said...

I so enjoyed the anticipation leading up to that beautiful gift!!!

Your kids are too funny and cute!

Loved your head scarf look girl (smile).

Blessings and peace!

Lorrie said...

What a neat gift--I love it that the box was as much fun as what came inside it!

Erin said...

What headscarf? ;)

I love the way you had fun with that package to show Dani Joy the joy with which you all received it.