we are trying to map out a little schedule for our summer and I'm wondering what you all think?
We don't have any money for a big vacation...but we need to do something...
So I'm asking folks...where should the
"Spot on the Shore" Family go this summer..
Here are the options...
1. Over to the next state to visit my husband's sister who had a heart attack in May...and see the Grand canyon on the way back.
2. Northern California for a "nerds and natural vacation"...(we did this one year...the science museum ... where the apple computer was invented and then east to see the redwoods, to a beach where the water seems to flow up the beach, a 200 year eucalyptus grove. Don't laugh.... my little brown nerds (and closet nerd here) had a great time!)
3. An amusement park or water park around here... (we have no free passes this summer except for one my son got for reading so we'd have to buy everyone passes...) I don't really like amusement parks... (that's a hint...don't vote for that one...)
4. Going missing each several Tuesdays and coming back Wednesday and doing something 50-100 miles close to home. (going to the beaches in another county, going into the city and goofing around, stuff like that.)
Here's one my oldest just added...
5. Going to Mexico (but I think that now involves passports...) ok that's not feasible... 'cause that would get expensive staying in San Diego... The zoo, Legoland, Sea World...etc.
6. and he added Las Vegas (but I tell you RIGHT NOW...it's hard to take kids to Vegas... 'cause I really don't think Vegas is that kid friendly ... the smoke, the gambling...the lewd billboards where I'm screaming... "Boys turn your head..." "Boys don't look left..." "Boys let's leave the pool." - can you tell we tried that once. Don't vote Vegas... we don't gamble and there and if New Edition ain't playing...I'm not interested!
So what do you think?
My husband isn't teaching school this summer but he has ministry with the youth on Monday nights at church, Wednesday nights at church and Friday nights at church. If we went somewhere big...he can hand off Monday or Wednesdays but not Friday (since that involves worship and bible study) .... so wherever we go it has to be 3 days max... and of course the weekends are out...we don't really want to miss a Sunday since he's the youth minister too.
Sorry this "What do you think?" isn't very spiritual...but I'm still digesting a bible study I went to yesterday... and more coming about that!