Thursday, May 21, 2009

Can you stop cleaning and going to work? Not yet anyway.



Guess what?


You weren't designed for doing laundry? 

Nope...and dusting either. 


We weren't made for picking up Lego's from between your toes, tripping over dolls, dieting, answering bosses emails, making dinners and the other mundane task we do daily.

We are designed to worship the Creator...God designed his highest creation to worship and glorify Him.

Then the fall came...and that left us with...

stretch marks,

colicky babies,

teens driving cars without permission,

bosses that act like aliens,

potty training,

church/school/work politics,

and smashed snails disguised as science experiments. 
(ummm that was yesterday...but that's for another post.)

C.S. Lewis said...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

You know it...




we are designed ultimately for...




HEAVEN...

But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. This is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a heavenly city for them.  Hebrews 11:16
(I HEART that verse!)


Now I'm not saying you can just stop making dinner, 
stop doing laundry, 
refuse to make your bed, 
let your kids run wild, 
dye that grey (is it time for a touch-up?)
or halt your work plans...



but remember in the business that today will bring...




one day...




you will be in heaven.
(with Jesus and loved ones too!)



'nuf said!



Have a great day...and don't forget to look towards heaven...

3 comments:

Love Abounds At Home said...

amen girl! I know I'm not designed to pick up legos. Step on those small one once and that was enough for me. I still remember the day I went beserk throwing them away. I think my kids are still traumatized by that day.
All I can say is "OUCH!"
If there are legos in heaven, I can step on them and they won't hurt :)

really.truly said...

After such a busy day....feeling all tired and sore, this was such a good post to read! Being still and listening to Him...I need to do that more. :-)

Silvia said...

oh lorrie you are so funny(about the followers)lol i just read you coments ,those are really good ideas tho,i'm gonna try see what happens,lol.
so you guys are having a longggggg weekend this week eh! whats the plan? ours was last week and we had great weather for once..well i hope you have fun this weekend and the kids as well...i'll back later my friend.....xx


silvia.