Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well I thought that even through the holidays I would be able to comment on the mundane and little miracles of what my life is.  Well that isn't so...but Bill has taken the boys out to get me a Christmas present so I AM ALONE...Whooah!  It's quiet, Christmas music in the background and a little peace before the storm.  

I hope you all are having a CHRIST filled Christmas.  That can range from a large house filled with family and friends to hanging at the rescue mission serving food.  Our hearts and mind have decided that this is the day we celebrate the birth of someone who SPLIT TIME and who made time.  This calls for a different day regardless if this was the actual day or not.  

Our family has lots of the secular stuff...opening presents, ham or turkey...stuff like that...but one thing we have done since we've been married is we start the day reading Luke from the bible.  The boys don't even complain about tearing into gifts...they know we're reading from the bible first.  Sometimes B goes LONG and I have to admit...my mind wanders...thinking about what I need to do during the day.  I pray that I and you as well...will focus our hearts and minds on God with us...Emmanuel.

For those of you who have lost loved ones this year.  Christmastime can be hard because it makes you focus on the traditions and the times of ole.  Don't get caught up in what you don't have...focus on the memories...the good ones and it won't be so hard.
Merry Christmas and thanks for reading my blog.  LOVE YA!