Monday, October 13, 2008

Home improvements

I'm a big believer in home improvement.  I know my home doesn't look like it yet...but I'm working on in it.  I always have a project going on or am saving money to finance another home improvement in the future.  Even though I don't plan on staying in this house forever...I'm still working on it. The projects never stop - new stove, new paint, new pipes, new tile, new curtains.  I take a long term view.  Home improvements are an investment in the future.

I take a long-term view of the life of faith as well.  God wants me to love and value today - but to hope passionately for the future.  He wants me to keep my feet on the group and my eyes fixed on heaven.  It's like my home improvement - everything I do in faith today has value one day in heaven.

Through him you have come to trust God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that you faith and hope are set on God.  1 Peter 1:21.

No comments: